How to Repair Vinyl Siding
1. Buy a zip tool at the hardware store or siding distributor. This tool slides along the bottom edge of locked siding.
2. Insert the zip tool under the bottom edge of the section above the one you want to repair.
3. Pull down on the tool, prying the lip of the siding loose.
4. Pull out any nails holding the damaged piece onto the exterior wall.
5. Pull the damaged piece out and lay it on a flat surface.
6. Coat the back of the crack with a PVC cleaner.
7. Use PVC cement to glue a piece of scrap siding to the back of the crack.
8. Put the siding back into place and nail the top down. Be sure to leave about 1/8 inch of space between the nail head and the siding strip.
9. Use the zip tool to pull the siding back into the locked position.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.